The benefits of the B.R.A.G. Medallion and being a part of the indieBRAG Family 2016
As anyone who has had their book honored with the B.R.A.G. Medallion knows, it is a very challenging but worthwhile experience! Obviously, we hope having the B.R.A.G. Medallion on your book will bring it to the attention of a broader group of potential readers.
But there is a great deal more that you can and should do to beyond just having the Medallion on your book. Here are some suggestions that will help us help you benefit from achieving this industry-wide, recognized standard of quality.
- We encourage you to take advantage of what we offer and to be generous in sharing your experiences and knowledge with other indieBRAG authors
- Be sure to tell everyone about your B.R.A.G. Medallion – The more recognizable the Medallion becomes as an indication that a book is worth a reader’s time and money, the more it benefits everyone. “One for all, all for one”!
- Encourage others to come to www.bragmedallion.com to find books that might interest them. We do not sell or distribute books, and we get very little financially when purchasers click through to amazon.com or the like to buy books. However, when readers browse through our library, books they might not otherwise discover will be brought to their attention. Knowing that all our Medallion books have passed a rigorous selection process will make readers come back frequently to find others with the Medallion, and hopefully select your book.
- Similarly, when you are looking for a book to read and enjoy – choose a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree and support your fellow authors. If we all make this generous effort, imagine the audience you might reach!
- Take time to visit the website and share books on Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Be active on the indieBRAG Blog – if you have something you would like to contribute, let us know and we will be glad to share it. Be sure to comment and share all the blog posts on social media. There is a lot of really helpful information being included on the blog.
- It is important to note that we are not a paid book review service but we will leave an announcement of your book having been awarded a B.R.A.G. Medallion at major online book retailer websites. By you adding a mention of the Medallion on your book’s description and having the Medallion on your cover encourages readers to stop and take a look.
We plan to continue to do author interviews, which are an important tool for you to share, comment on, and re-post. It is a way to get attention other than just promoting your book; readers like knowing something about the author of a book they have enjoyed. Many authors have shared with us that they have seen an increase in sales and visits to their websites and social media sites after an interview. If, however, you are not interested in doing any promotion of an interview, we understand; but then please do not request an interview since Stephanie is now booking months in advance and would appreciate saving these spots for those who are willing and able to put some work into them.
We are planning on having “Blog Hops” throughout the year that are designed to give an author a chance to tell their readers a bit more about themselves and showcase their books. These are not a venue for author bios and/or book reviews but will be based on selected genres, holidays and the seasons. We hope that by making these events interesting and different we will help bring readers back each time and pique their interest in what you are writing. Again, supporting each other is the key to our mutual success. Be sure to read the blogs and share them even if you are not participating in the hop; we will do the same for you when you do participate.
In conclusion, indieBRAG provides a very unique and important service to self-published authors whose books have been awarded a B.R.A.G. Medallion. Not only do we honor your books, but we do all we can to bring attention to them. We will continue to do that in the coming year, and with the generosity of all our wonderful Medallion honoree authors, we can make 2016 the best year yet for all of us!