These are great ideas to consider-
1. Buy a self-published book
2. Leave an honest review. (In fact, leave a review on more than one site!)
3. Thank the author publicly on social media.
4. Recommend the book to someone else.
5. Follow them on social media.
6. Engage with them on social media.
7. Ignore critics of the self-publishing industry.
8. Write your own good book.
9. Serve as a beta reader or reviewer for a book.
10. Write a blog post about the book.
11. Enter an author’s contest or giveaway.
12. Become a book blogger or reviewer.
13. Interview an author.
14. Refer any potentially good reviewers to an author.
15. Don’t obtain an illegal copy of the book.
16. Mention a book in a group or forum.
17. Buy a second copy of the print version for a friend or for your local library.
18. Download a copy from Amazon’s Lending Library.
19. Invite an author to speak at a local event.
20. Purchase a copy of the book for a school or organization.
21. Nominate a book for a contest.
22. Suggest a book to an editor of a magazine or newspaper.
23. Offer your editing, formatting, or graphics designs skills to an author
24. Ignore the label. Skip the “self-publishing” aspect. A good book is a good book. No self-publishing disclaimer is needed, unless asked.
25. Ignore the self-publishing hate.