There is a misconception that a book is not a great gift for Christmas.– how wrong that is!
No, perhaps they don’t light up or shoot darts, and most don’t play music (although some do!). But here are some reasons that a book is the perfect gift-
1. A book is a very personal gift. What better way is there to show that you really care about someone than to spend the time to find a gift that you think they will like. There is a book for every interest and every age. By putting a little extra thought into your gift the recipient will be moved by your thoughtfulness.
2. Books last a life time. Every time someone picks up a book, opens it and reads your Christmas message, they will think of you.
3. Books are inexpensive and easy to buy- especially online.
4. There are no batteries to buy, no sizes to know, and no color to worry about!
5. A book can entertain, teach, and share your interests and experiences.
6. There is a book for every age, race, religion and educational level.
7. And don’t forget that books are a great gift to donate to a charity this Christmas. This is an especially good gift for children that are a bit older- even teens. Most donated gifts are toys for very young children while hats and gloves seem to be the most common gift for older kids. Hat and gloves are great but books will give the child months, even years, of pleasure.
8. A book will be a gift for a family can share in. Reading a great bedtime story or talking about the subject of a book with an older child is a priceless gift.
I am sure you can think of other reasons to give books. Perhaps giving someone a book you loved as a child or a book that changed your life
Books create memories and, as such, they are to be treasured- so don’t forget to add them to your Christmas list. My father gave me a large picture book on Lincoln and the Civil War when I was 17. He had noticed my love of anything Lincoln and picked this book himself. I will always remember that book as one of the greatest gifts I ever got!
Go to the B.R.A.G.Medallion book list here on the website and find a book for every person on your list!
If you get a book as a gift this year, please let us know- we would love to hear about it.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all our indieBRAG friends!
Leave a Reply