indieBRAG, LLC provides enlightenment of the readers, by the readers, and for the readers of self-published books.
- According to publishing industry surveys, 8 out of 10 adults feel they have a book in them. But traditional or mainstream publishers reject all but a tiny percentage of manuscripts. Historically, this has presented a classic catch-22, in that you had to be a published author in order to get a publisher.
- The advent of self-publishing companies and print-on-demand technology has changed this. Now anyone can publish a book and the number of books being self-published is exploding, reaching into the millions annually. However, there is virtually no control over what is published or by whom, and industry experts believe that upwards of 95% of indie books are poorly written and edited.
- Compounding this problem, these books are rarely reviewed in The New York Times Book Review or by other leading sources. Additionally, the reviews and ratings at online booksellers are often provided by the author’s friends and family, and are therefore unreliable.
- There are professional book review services and bona fide writing competitions within the self-publishing industry that certainly help address this problem. However, none provide an independent, broad-based and reader-centric source to advise the public which indie books merit the investment of their time and money.
- This is precisely the reason that indieBRAG, LLC, and the B.R.A.G. Medallion exist. Our company fills a critical void within the publishing industry by providing enlightenment of the readers, by the readers, and for the readers of self-published books.
Would You Like To Join Us?
Becoming a member of our reader group, either as an individual or as part of a book club, is a win/win/win: i) you continue to do what you love, ii) deserving self-published authors gain recognition as a result of your efforts, and iii) the general public has a single source to discover exciting and interesting books. If you or your book club would like to be considered to be a part of our reader group, apply now.